Tuesday, October 19, 2004

... - - - ...

What is with this world? People looking down on other people because of the color of their skin. Kids running off and seeking refuge with sexual predators. One man throws money in the trash while a starving child digs through the dump to provide for her family. But the world’s not all depressing. Everything’s not unfair. There’s just so much I don’t understand. Why do I criticize others for my faults? Why do I do what I know is wrong? Why don’t I do what I know is right? God is so un-understandable. Ultimately he’s in control. But somehow in all this meaningless we find our meaning. Sometimes I think that I would be willing to give up my freedom and the feeling that my life is mine in order to have a better world. But that would leave us feeling empty. We find satisfaction in making the world a little bit better. When I overcome everything within me that pulls me toward complacency and evil and I choose to act and make the world that I can see perfect for a moment, that is awesome.

No comments: