Friday, December 01, 2006

I was driving home from the library, just minding my own business. I stopped at a red light and innocently looked in the rear view mirror. I couldn’t believe my eyes. In the car behind me, there he was. The villain from those action adventure movies. Squinty eyes and sunken cheeks. He was talking on a cell phone and had a cigarette dangling from his tight lipped mouth. I couldn’t hear him, but I’m sure he had a British accent. Who knows what sinister plot he was discussing as he sat behind me in his black car? Oh sure, he talks nice, but the moment you leave he will call his right hand man to put the next step of the evil plan into action.

I have a sneaking suspicion that his evil plot involves corn syrup and kitty litter. Last night (this morning) an attempt was made to sweep up the gray mass, but it had hardened into syrup litter concrete. Even a shovel was brought into the effort, but it proved useless. Oh, what havoc might be raised if this lethal formula fell into the wrong hands! No kitten or stockroom floor would be safe!

No comments: