Thursday, November 04, 2004

physically comment

I haven't posted a real post for a while. I guess I've been busy.

I don't remember what started it, but lately I've been doing a lot of thinking and reading about the traditional Christian understanding of heaven, and also about the similarities among certain branches of Buddhism, Gnosticism, and Jewish Mysticism and certain traditional Christian philosophies regarding the physical vs. the spiritual.

Does our ultimate goal or destiny require becoming completely non-physical?
Do we sin primarily because we are physical beings in a physical world?
Is it our future hope that we join God in spiritual bliss free from the confines of physicality?

Feel free to comment. I have fixed it up so that you don't even have to sign in. When the sign in screen pops up, you can click "Or Post Anonymously"

No comments: