Monday, December 27, 2004

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (in under ten days)

Colorado
In Colorado, we got to see my little bro's basketball game which he played very well in and his team won. We also got to meet his lovely girlfriend. We even got to go on a little double date with them.

My little bro got me the CD I wanted. I'll let you guess which one. And my mom got me an MP3 player.

Trevor, I hope you're reading this. When I saw you coming out the door I think I said to my girlfriend, "Here comes Tyler." I don't know why. So then she might have called you Tyler. And you didn't correct her. After you left I was like "Tyler? His name's Trevor." So, if we didn't call you Tyler or you didn't notice then cool. Otherwise, I'm totally sorry. I know your name is Trevor. You rock. We gotta keep in touch more so that your name doesn't slip my mind again. Next time you see me, you can call me Joseph or Jonathan, whichever you prefer. Keep on dancin!

Joy and I saw "Finding Neverland" starring Johnny Depp. I don't think it was advertised very well. But I had heard enough about it to know that I wanted to see it. And now that I have, I highly recommend it. It got me thinking even more about stuff that I have already been thinking about.

My girlfriend and I washed her car and my mom's car and my bro's car. It was fun. Her car looked so nice. Too bad by the time we got back to Texas her car looked filthy again. That's the problem with having a white car.

Wyoming
As we were driving down the highway, there was a sign with those orange light up letters that said there was an accident at mile marker (I think it was) #327. When we got there we saw a big Fed-Ex truck tipped over and boxes all over in the snow.

Utah
The wedding was small but beautiful. My tux fit wonderfully and I looked smashing. Oh the bride looked amazing too. Lots of people were crying as she walked down the aisle, including the groom and I (but I kept the tears from actually leaving my eyes). We were there for a day and a half before the wedding. I am the bride's friend, but I hardly got to see her. I got to be around the groom a lot though. And I like him, he seems like a good guy. I still think they should have waited a little longer, but I'm happy for them and I think they'll be good together.

New Mexico
We went to New Mexico to visit my girlfriend's sister. I don't recommend moving to New Mexico, but I don't recommend moving to Texas either, yet here I be. We ate at this place called Taco Box, which doubles as a gas station. Sounds pretty nasty, but the food was actually very good.

I woke up and got ready to leave for Texas and looked out the window. It was snowing. And it was real snow like the kind we get in Colorado, not the fake ice stuff they get in Texas.

West Texas
If you plan on stopping in Abeline for a bite to eat, do your homework first. We searched for over half an hour to find the fast food district of town.

Kansas
Today is my gramma's birthday, and I was gonna go up and see her, but I called my mom and we decided that it would be better if I wait and set up the interview for my job and then go up whenever I get the chance. So I called Grammer this morning and talked to her and told her happy birthday. Since I talked to her on the phone I really want to see her. I'll go up as soon as I get a chance. Who knows what adventures I may encounter driving through Oklahoma.

No comments: