Tuesday, December 07, 2004

School's out for the Winter!

Today I took my last final. I also handed in two really pathetic papers. One of them was supposed to be 8 pages and I managed to squeeze it into less than two. It's better than not turning a paper in at all. But no more classes until January 19. That's right, 6 full weeks!

So I haven't been blogging because of finals. At least that's my excuse. It's not like I've actually been studying or anything. But if I had blogged when I was supposed to be studying then people would know that I was blogging instead of studying.

I've been in a really dungish mood since like Thursday or Friday and I don't know why. I hope that now that school's out, I'll be in a better mood. I think being able to blog would have helped. I had so much stuff I was gonna write about and I was gonna write one big random blog about all these different things that I've been thinking about and that have happened and the title would have had words from the Green Day song that starts out with "Do you have the time to listen to me whine about everything and nothing all at once?"

Last week’s Torah portion as well as this week’s (Genesis 41:1-44:17) have dreams which foretell the future. So it was interesting to me that last week I got a call from a guy who has been a sort of mentor to me. What’s so interesting is that he’s real big into preterism, which is a school of thought that understands the book of Revelation as already having been fulfilled. So after talking to him I started researching preterism and did a little study on theories of interpreting Revalation while at the same time studying Joseph’s interpretation of dreams.

There are three major divisions when it comes to interpreting Revelation. They are preterism, historicism, and futurism.

Most people are only familiar with futurism and spend their time arguing about the particulars within the futurism interpretation. I could try to explain preterism and historicism, but I dont feel like it. Though I do want to know what you think, so click the links above and Google search and tell me what you think. Last I knew, "Mentor" is a partial preterist, which is quite different from a full preterist. This is actually some pretty important stuff, because what you're expecting to happen tomorrow can affect how you live today. It is important to me for several reasons which I might go into some other time.

Blog ya later (or something?)

No comments: