Friday, December 24, 2004

inertia

I got back to my dorm room last night after a nice little tour of western USA. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, and West Texas. I wanted to write last night but I also didn't want to write. I could tell a bunch of stories right now and say some deep things. But I just don't really feel like it right now. Maybe I'll write those later.

As I was getting on the internet a few minutes ago, something flashed in my head. Inertia. Objects at rest tend to stay at rest, and objects in motion tend to stay in motion. But then friction and various forces fight against inertia. I think I'm pretty inert. And yet I like variety. I like things around me to change or stay the same, but I don't want to change myself or stop what I am doing. I want to be less inert. I don't want to be like a boulder that wont budge or a boulder rolling down a hill that wont stop. But I also don't want to be like a feather in the wind. Maybe more like a kite or a sailboat. Maybe I want to be a canoe; I like canoes.

No comments: