Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Caffeine, Beer, and It's Still MY Birthday

In French this morning, my eyes were closed through most of the class. The last time I felt as tired as today was after an overnighter. I don't know why I was so tired. I got plenty of sleep last night. I bet it was because I didn't have coffee this morning. I was dead tired until I had a Coke at work. I am a caffeine addict.

So at work, after I woke up, I carded a guy buying beer. There on the license 07-24-1983, MY Birthday. It was Zack again!! He remembered me, too. He collects beer bottles. At Central Market we have beer imported from all over the world. He said he almost has one of each of our bottles, so he will have to look elsewhere. He said something like that he's probably been an alcoholic since he was 17.

I wonder if it was when I was 17 that I became a caffeine addict. My first or second year of college I almost completely abstained from caffeine. But in the last year or two, I've gone back. I'm wondering if I should again face the tiredness and headaches of withdrawl.

What do you think about the statement, "Everyone's addicted to something." So true or no true?

No comments: