Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Day In My Life: April 5, 2005

I went to sleep way too late last night. I've been real tired all day today. Good thing I didn't have to go to work.

At tutoring, I didn't tutor, but I helped a student pre-register.

For devos, we had doughnuts and orange juice (that makes life great for me). And we watched a cheezy video. It was a Christian detective trying to solve the mystery of who stole the "How to Become a Christian" book. He questioned the usual suspects and was surprised to find Christians who didn't read their Bible, pray, or witness. gasp.

During devos, Anna (lives in Utah. I was in her wedding in December) called me and I answered the phone and told her that I was in devos and would call her afterwards. I called her after devos, but she didn't answer, so I left a message.

In Logue's class I was bored and tired. We have a test Thursday.

At lunch I saw my beautiful girlfriend who spent a great part of the day finishing up a project. I talked with our friend Julie for a while. It was cool. I've missed talking to Julie and lots of other people.

Joy and I had been planning to go this afternoon to look at an apartment that I found on the internet. So I called the place but only got a machine. I took a nap while I waited for Joy to finish her project. I slept like a rock. For over an hour I was practically non-existent. When I woke up to the ringing phone, it took me a minute to figure out who, when and where I was. So Joy and I went to look at the apartment. We didn't actually get to look at the apartment, but I mainly wanted to see the neighborhood, and we got to see that. not too exciting. I'm gonna try to check out some more friday after work.

Then I went to my last group at the counseling center. Two people graduated from the recovery program. I was thinking that I would miss them because they were graduating, but then I realized that I'm going to miss everybody because I'm leaving. I had to go through that thought process several times before that sunk in. Tomorrow I go for the last time to the counseling center, but not for group. So toward the end of the first hour, the director of the center said that to ensure that the counseling center would be a safe, drug free environment for recovery, the Drug Task Force was there. . . with dogs, and if anyone had anything they didn't want to get caught with, they needed to leave. So we were hearded to different sections of the building while the dogs and men in black with ski masks over their faces searched out the rooms. It was a bizzare experience.

As soon as I got to group I had a craving for a beef and potato burrito. So after group, I went straight to Taco Bell and got one. The beef and potatoes were all on the top and the sauce and stuff was all at the bottom, so it was pretty funky.

This evening I found this cool flash animated poem song thing by Peter Nevland and Paul Finley. You should watch it. I think Peter Nevland is cool. He's best to see in person in a small setting. He's going to be in the Dallas area next week. Depending on my work schedule I might get to see him.

Then I went to Wal-Mart with Joy. We looked at fabrics and buttons. Joy bought me a 7up. She spoils me even though mom warned her not to.

As I typed this, I cooked some pasta (lunch and dinner for the rest of the week). I went to Joy's room to ask for the collandar. There was lots of giggling and her roomate answered the door. Joy gave me the collandar wearing a pink dress with a zip up hoodie over it.

Now, I'm going to post this and go to sleep... before midnight, so maybe I won't be as tired tomorrow.

No comments: