Monday, January 31, 2005

Time Density

So, I’ve been working a lot. I worked 40.7 hours last week. I’m supposed to be working part time. Seems to me like my time at work has been pretty full. This week I get somewhat of a break, until the weekend when I work twenty-some hours fri-sun (basically the whole weekend, excluding sabbath and sleeptime).

I went to the university’s Career Services office the other day to find out about places to do my practicum. I have to intern at a counseling type place in order to graduate. So I mentioned that I have recently re-realized that I would rather teach than be a psychologist. The Career Servant mentioned this Alternative Certification Program. Where I could do a year of education type stuff beginning with some classes in the summer. I would have to pay for it like a year of school. But I would also get paid and become a real live teacher. I looked it up on the internet and found out that I had one week to send in the big fat application. So, though I don’t have to go to work this week, I’m pretty busy trying to get my application in on time. This could be cool.

I also have to find a place to intern in order to graduate with my somewhat useful bachelor’s degree in counseling. No reason to stress out. Everything’s gonna be OK.

No comments: