Monday, March 28, 2005

One day at a time

Can I live life one day at a time? Do I live life one day at a time? What does it mean to live one day at a time? I think it means focusing on the here and now and not on your future plans or past failures. I don't want to let days and weeks slip by meaninglessly because I'm focused on some far off date. I need to give each day meaning. Find the worth in each day. Maybe, once I get the hang of one day at a time, I'll move on to one hour at a time. I think the ultimate fulfilled, joyful life would be when a person finds value in every moment of life. I want to see each situation that I'm in as a precious jewel, valuable, that I ought not waste or ignore. Soak in each fleeting bit of beauty. In the happy times, the sad times, and the boring times. But for now I'm going to try to at least live one day at a time.

No comments: