Thursday, March 31, 2005

On this day, March 31, 2005

Dr. Adonna Otwell (sp?) preached in chapel this morning. She preached about being holy and seperate from the world, not compromising with sin. She listed various earthquakes in recent history, saying that they were God's judgement on unbelieving wicked nations. Some people might be taken aback by such an idea, but read your Bible, her delarations went right along with the God described in scripture. She talked about the rapture and heaven and she got me all excited about the fall festivals. She doesn't even know that's what she was talking about. During the last 10 minutes of her sermon, I wrote a couple of posts in my head that I will put up in a few months when the fall feasts are near.

Chapel went long and when I went to class, Professor Logue had already started... and locked the door. After they prayed he let in the group of us who were standing outside the door. It doesn't make sense to me that he wouldn't allow us to hear people's prayer requests and to join in prayer because we were 5 minutes late because of chapel. I asked someone who got to class on time what the deal was. She said it was so that people wouldn't walk in while we were praying. But people don't walk in during the actual praying time. They stand outside the door until the praying is finished, which I think is dumb. I agree with Dr. K who would encourage students to come right into class even while the class was praying. "If the Spirit is moving," she would say, "I want you to be a part of it. Don't miss out on what the Lord is doing by staying out in the hall until we are finished praying." Dr. K is so cool. I have great respect for the female Professors on campus.

This afternoon I went to the new Starbucks in the new Target with my girlfriend. We got frapuccinos (I think I might be spelling a lot of things wrong today). Joy got a haircut. She's so stinkin' cute.

About half an hour ago I paid off my school bill. $2,630. I'm almost broke. So I came back to my room and looked at apartments on the internet. I should have enough money by the end of the month so that I can get an apartment.

I'm gonna take a Logue test in 10 minutes. I'm leaving for work in an hour.

I'll probably write again Saturday night. Until then, leave some comments!!!

No comments: