Sunday, March 06, 2005

TWIRP'd

Tonight I went on a TWIRP (The Woman Is Required to Pay) date. It was a “blind twirp” for everyone except Joy and me. She set up four of her girl friends with four guys, and we all went out as a group. I suggested one of the couples, and I’m sure most of the group would agree they were the best match.

The guys all got mysterious notes. We met at the fountain at 8 pm. Then a group of girls came. With a row of guys and a row of girls standing there it looked and felt like a reality show. They stood anxiously waiting to be paired up. One of the guys didn’t show. Phil, my roomate, and I ran and grabbed another guy to come along with us.

So we all paired up and went to Starbucks. Our group of 11 (a sixth girl came along) busted into Starbucks at the same as another smaller group, and the “baristas” (which I learned today is Italian for bartender) were freaked out. The oldest barista asked quite rudely, “Where are you all from?” It was just kinda scary the way she asked it. We hung around the Corporate Monster Cloned Coffee house long after our overpriced unextraordinary drinks and desserts were finished. We were going to possibly do some other things like go to a drive in, ice skate or go bowling, but after Starbucks we went to a house and talked and played Cranium.

Before the date I was in my room singing “Love Me Do” by the Beatles. I stuck in the CD that Wonderful Joy bought me and listened to it. During Cranium, one of the Humdingers was “Love Me Do.” And then at the end of the night we all listened to the song.

It was a super-fantastic night. My girlfriend rocks.

1 comment:

Joshua and/or Joy said...

Ok, so "baristas" is not a word. The plural for "barista" is "baristi."